Thursday 3 December 2015

Orruk "mysterious landscape" scenery - by Gargamel

On the rules sheet for Age of Sigmar there is a table of effects that can be applied to scenery. I personally don't like attaching random rules to scenery because I'm usually too dumb to remember what's supposed to do what in the heat of battle. For that reason I've been making some specific terrain for some of the effects on the random table.


The "Damned" rule allows a player to sacrifice wounds from a nearby unit in exchange for giving the rest of that unit a bonus on to-hit rolls that turn.
Here's a "Damned" altar I made out of leftover bits from an Arachnarok Spider kit. It's the catapult and bits of excess platform, plus the goblin being attacked by a spider. I figured the sacrifices serve the added purpose of convincing the Arachnarok to continue fighting for the Orruks and not go on a rampage.

The "Sinister" rule gives a fear effect to units nearby during the Hero phase. To represent this, I've made a bunch of heads on sticks. I still have a few heads left to mount, and I'm trying to scrounge them off my friends so I can humiliate their armies on the battlefield at all times, even when my own orruks are getting brutalised.



The "Deadly" rule means that when a unit charges through that terrain feature, each model in the unit has a chance of being killed.
To represent this, I made some punji stake pits out of modelling clay and toothpicks.







No comments:

Post a Comment